The Merchants House
"Come and stay in the Merchants House - Wells-next-the-Sea"
The Merchant’s House, part of which was built in the 15th century, is one of the oldest houses in Wells. It also has later additions added in the 1700's. The house is close to the quayside and bustling harbour and a few minutes walk to the town centre, pubs and restaurants. The main beach with its colourful beach huts and miles of golden sands is but a short walk along the sea wall towards the lifeboat station or a short drive down Beach Road to the car park. We have a courtyard at the rear of the house with parking throughout the year. The dining room where breakfast is served was originally a Butchers Shop and is available for guests to use as a sitting room, there are lots of books to browse through as well as local information and maps showing a huge selection of walks in and around the Wells area.
A nice place to relax after a busy day. The Merchants House is the ideal place for walkers as Wells is in the centre of the North Norfolk Coastal Path. We can arrange for the reception and onward transportation of luggage. Bicycles can be stored safely overnight. We welcome bird watchers and can accommodate early starts.